Wigan’s squad has been ravaged by injuries, Ivan Ramis (hamstring) and Shaun Maloney (groin) are set to miss the game against City after picking up knocks in the 3-2 win over Reading.
Roberto Martinez will also be with out James McArthur (thigh), Gary Caldwell (hamstring), Antolin Alacaraz (groin) and Albert Crusat (knee). All four could return in time for the Latics’ game against Newcastle on December 3.
Gael Clichy (ankle) is likely to miss out for Manchester City while Roberto Mancini continues to sweat over the fitness of captain Vincent Kompany (knee) after he picked up an injury against Real Madrid last week. The centre-back played on through the pain against Chelsea, though he admitted he wasn’t sure how after being on crutches only 48 hours before the game.
Expect the defending champions to make use of their large squad with two games in quick succession. Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez should start at the DW Stadium after missing out at Stamford Bridge.
Facts and Stats:
- Wigan’s Jordi Gomez has had a shot every 18 minutes this season, the highest rate in the division.
- With his treble against Reading, Gomez became only the second Spaniard to score a hat-trick in the Premier League, after Fernando Torres.
- The Latics have conceded more penalties than any other Premier League side this season (four).
- Carlos Tevez has scored four goals in five Premier League games for┬áManchester City┬áagainst Wigan.
- Of his 79 Premier League goals, Tevez has only scored one as a substitute, for Manchester United against Wigan in 2009.
- Manchester City have won six and drawn one of their last seven Premier League games against Wigan.
- City have come from behind to win 14 points this season, only rivals Manchester United (18) have more.
- City have drawn four of their last six Premier League away games, the last two ending 0-0.
Wigan:┬áAl-Habsi;┬áStam, Lopez, Figueroa;┬áBoyce, McCarthy, McArthur, Jones;┬áDi Santo, Kone, Beausejour
Manchester City:┬áHart;┬áZabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov;┬áMilner, Barry;┬áSilva, Yaya Toure, Nasri;┬áAguero