Fiorentina have confirmed that no official offers have been made for Colombian winger Juan Cuadrado, despite several rumours and reports suggesting otherwise.
Cuadrado, who made an impression while representing his country at the World Cup, has yet to discuss his future with management at the club. The Viola agreed a deal to purchase full ownership of the Colombian player just last month and should Cuadrado opt to leave, the club has made it clear that it would charge a pretty penny for him.
“If an offer of €50 million were to come in, we would be willing to open talks. But there’s no such offer as of yet,” Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade told Sky.
There has been speculation that Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Barcelona are among the clubs interested in securing the player’s services and Fiorentina have accepted that there is still the very realistic possibility that the player could leave, even if it is not to those clubs.
“We hope that Cuadrado will continue to play for Fiorentina. There has not been an official offer for him,” added Prade.
“We are in constant contact with the player and his agent. He will return to the club on August 4 or 5. We will then talk with him,” said the Fiorentina sporting director.
Cuadrado has a contract with Fiorentina until the summer of 2017.
post by Funsho Fagbure